TOMMY MATHIEU, IFA, CRP, RAA
1992 thru Present Real Estate Appraiser Little Rock, AR
- Owner of the largest residential real estate appraisal firm in the State of Arkansas.
- Current Vice President of the Little Rock Realtors Board of Directors
- Past Vice Chairman of the Arkansas Appraisers Licensing and Certification Board.
- Past President of the Little Rock, AR Chapter of the National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers.
- Past Chairman of the ethics subcommittee of the Little Rock, AR Chapter of the National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers.
- Earned the IFA professional designation from the National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers.
- Earned the CRP professional designation from the Employee Relocation Council (only designated appraiser member in the State of Arkansas)
- Earned the RAA professional designation from the National Association of Realtors
- Charter Member of the Arkansas Appraisal Section of the Arkansas Realtors Association
1992 thru 1990 Mayo, Inc. Sterlington, LA
Oilfield Engineering Firm
- Performed duties associated with an oil field well logging engineering firm.
1978 thru 1990 Mathieu Oil Company Monroe, LA
Oilfield Production, Service, Rental, Consulting Firm
- Worked for my family’s firm under many different capacities from roughneck to President.
- 1980 - 1981 Northeast Louisiana University Monroe, LA
- 1978 - 1980 Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA
- 1977 – 1974 Ouachita Parish High School Monroe, LA
Flying, Hunting, Fishing, Traveling, Reading
The majority of my work experience was within the oil business for approximately 18 years. I worked in many capacities from field work up to the post of President of Mathieu Oil Company, a family owned independent oil producing company which is still in operation. I assumed this position after the death of my father, Tommy Mathieu, in 1981. I was forced to resign from Northeast Louisiana University due to his death and assume the leadership role in the family business. The stewardship involved running 10 different corporations with varied interests in numerous locations throughout the United States.
I began appraising in 1992 and my firm is now the largest residential firm in the State of Arkansas. My firm has performed in excess of 20,000 appraisal assignments ranging from REO owned real estate to estates in excess of $4,000,000. My time is 100% occupied with the business of residential real estate appraising. I currently employ 4 full time appraisers with supporting staff. I am a member of the Little Rock and Benton Chamber of Commerce. I am also a member of the Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church in Little Rock, AR.